The Borisova Gradina TV Tower or the Old TV Tower is a 106-meter tall including the aerial. It is located in the Boris’ Garden in Sofia. It is known as the tower used for the first Bulgarian National Television broadcasts in 1959.
In 1962 the Borisova Gradina TV Tower was the place from which the first Bulgarian VHF radio broadcast was realized. In January 1972 BNT’s Kanal 1 transmitter was replaced with a more modern conforming to the OIRT colour television requirements and the broadcasting of Efir 2 began in 1975.
Since 1985 the newer Vitosha Mountain TV Tower has mainly been used for television and radio broadcasting in and around Sofia and the Old TV Tower largely remains as a historic landmark.