Diana National Sport Complex is called by Sofia citizens ‘The Little Olympian’ for its variety of sports and services.The complex is used for carrying out camp-meetings of national and club teams of different sports.
Diana National Sport Complex is among the most visited sport complex in Bulgaria. There are numerous halls, complex facilities, a hotel, outdoor swimming pools and grounds, fitness centres, beach volleyball playgrounds, baseball.
Diana National Sport Complex has excellent transport and other communications. The complex is situated in Sofia Izgrev district and is adjacent to the prestigious sport sites: Vassil Levski National Stadium, Sofia Multifunctional Hall Arena Armeec, tennis courts, etc.
Indoor swimming pool “Diana” – renovated in 2005 in accordance with the FINA requirements
- Size – 50/20 meters, depth – 2,8 meters, 8 corridors
- Water temperature – 270C.
- Suitable for trainings and competitions
- Dressing rooms, toilets, baths and trainees’ rooms
- Stands – 320 meters
- Capacity – 500 visitors
- Extras: hall for general physical training, recreational centre, medical staff, fitness centre, steam room, tangentor, tennis courts (open during the whole year)
- Boxing Hall – large – 600m2 (30/20/7,5), equipped for training with two rings, wooden floor, lighting – mercury lamps, ventilation – natural, TEPS heating. Bathrooms, changing-room, toilets, consulting room and coach room are also available.
- Boxing Hall – small – 120m2, height – 5 m, equipped for training with one ring, floor – linoleum, luminescent lighting,
- Table Tennis Hall – 450m2, height – 4m. Reconstructed and modernized in 2002. Also available are – air-conditioning, “terraflex” floor, luminescent lighting, 10 tables, bathrooms, changing-rooms, toilets, offices, coach room, sauna, separate VIP entrance and a parking lot in front of the building. There are many possibilities for organizing a variety of events.
- Weightlifting Hall – 260 square meters – it is being renovated and will be used the Bulgarian Weightlifting Federation.
- Bodybuilding Hall, Fitness, Martial Arts Hall plus Recreational Center – fully renovated in 2010. It is open for public use and it is being used now by the Bulgarian Bodybuilding Federation.
Open swimming complex “Diana”
- Swimming pool “Water polo” – 35/22/3,25
- Swimming pool “Olympic” – 50/27/2,5
- Swimming pool “Jumps” – 20/20/5 with a 10m tower.
There are two stands, changing-rooms, bathrooms, offices and a wardrobe. Consulting room and coach rooms are also available. Reconstructed in 1986, modernized in 2001.- working from 01 June till 31 August.
Overall capacity – 2500 visitors.
European Wrestling Centre
- Sports venue with six halls, heated and air-conditioned. The complex is used yearly for trainings and competitions. There is a car parking with 53 lots.
- 2 Wrestling Halls – 1100 and 500 square meters – Renovated in 2009
- Judo Hall – 502 square meters – Renovated in 2009
- Shooting Sport Hall – 230 square meters – Renovated in 2010
- Aikido Hall – 502 square meters – Renovated in 2011
- Sambo Hall – 502 square meters
- 10 dressing rooms
- 10 baths and 17 toilets
- Conference Room
- 4 Sauna rooms
- Medical cabinet
- Massage room
- 7 trainee rooms